Finding an eco-friendly beanie that is sustainable and ethical is a step in the direction of earth-friendly progress. As climate change gains acceptance across the globe, and imagery of landfills and waste sites bombard screens, people are beginning to seek out items that are friendly to the earth.
Often, when sourcing nature-friendly materials, it is a challenge to know where to start. The three classics are a great starting point that applies to beanies, like all items:
Finding the best beanie to meet multiple needs is a great way to reduce the carbon impact. By finding a durable, reliable item that matches multiple outfits and works in many seasons, the consumer can keep their environmental impact low.
Beanies never go out of style, and with classic looks and patterns, often a good solution is to raid closets and storage boxes for previous hats. Using savvy style tricks, these vintage items can be returned to their fabulous original states.
Finding materials that are sourced from recycled fabrics can make a drastic impact on the ecosystem. Instead of needing to source the fabric from the site, existing material that would have been wasted can be reallocated to modern styles and designs, keeping it out of landfills.
Of course, a topic such as environmental impact is a nuanced subject with many variable factors. Even when considering beanies, some basics need to be considered:
1) ETHICAL SOURCING
The local impacts of materials sourcing on domestic economies and foreign countries’ ecosystems must be considered.
The rate at which the material will degrade drastically impacts the eco-friendliness of the product.
According to the Federal Trade Commission, an increasing number of shoppers are looking to reduce their impact on the environment. For ease of reference, we have broken down the quality of popular materials through a lens of environmental friendliness.
- Bamboo fabric (antibacterial and biodegradable)
- Cotton materials (naturally sourced)
- Wool and linen (especially alpaca wool)
- Hemp-based fabrics (quick to biodegrade)
LEAST FRIENDLY FABRICS
- Polyester (petrol product)
- Acrylic (artificially manufactured)
Keeping these in mind, we have broken down the top 11 cool beanie hats that are sustainable and ethical for the environment:
1. Women’s bamboo beanie
This product is regarded as one of the eco-friendliest fabrics for its capacity to biodegrade with ease. This soft fitting beanie is sleek and moderately slouchy for stylish wear. The gentle fabric prevents hair issues for the wearer. Coming in a number of colors, this beanie is ideal for any situation, though better suited for summer or indoor wear.
While the majority of the material is bamboo, there is a polyester lining that somewhat detracts from eco-friendliness. As with any foreign-sourced material, the impacts of mass producing of bamboo have yet to be fully discovered. Potential ecological impacts of farming of bamboo include alterations to the food supply, the main nutrition source for panda bears.
2. Slouchy eco-friendly beanie
If you are trying to find an eco-friendly beanie that is very stylish and fashionable, you are in the right place. Slouchy look with extra hanging material on the back is perfect to make a statement as you keep the world a better place. The durable materials on this beanie will give you great comfort, and you can get in 4 different colors.
- Comfortable, soft, stretchy, slouchy, lightweight eco-friendly beanie made from a combination of materials, acrylic staple fiber, and polyester
- One size fits the size
- Dimensions: 22.05inch ~ 23.6inch for head circumference and length: 13.39 inches with width: 10.24 inches.
- Color: cream, khaki, dark gray, and white
- Great eco-friendly material for all seasons
3. Organic cotton close-fitting ethical beanies
Very comfortable and close-fitting beanie is monochrome and comes in three different colors, black, brown, and dark gray. It has a very simple look without folded part and it removes moisture and regulates the temperature on your head.
Made of organic cotton which means it’s anti-irritation and a great choice for people with sensitive skin and those undergoing chemotherapy. This amazing beanie is protecting both you and the earth.
- Comfortable, soft, stretchy, anti-irritation, lightweight, close-fitting ethical beanies made from 100% organic cotton material
- One size fits most
- Color: black, brown, and dark gray
- Head circumference: 54cm ~ 59cm (21inches ~ 23inches)
- Organic Cotton has not been exposed to any chemicals at all
4. Heartful hemp
Sourced entirely from the sturdy, eco-friendly hemp plant, this slouchy beanie is the perfect partner for the environmentally conscious man. Coming in several, muted color options, this simply patterned beanie is suited to any season.
Investment in long-term quality, this hat is designed to last ages while still being machine washable. Because it is a natural fiber, the organic benefits can be reaped including odor and static control. Hemp itself is viable because it requires minimal resources to farm, is amenable to the soil and does not require the application of modern pest control agents. For those looking to stylishly help the environment, this loose wearing beanie is a great starting point.
5. Woolen wonder
Being environmentally conscious does not mean a sacrifice of warmth or style, something proven by this eco-friendly beanie. Made of naturally sourced wool material, these insulating beanies are the perfect winter companion for any shape or size.
Stylishly integrating into any outfit, these beanies are sure to last, allowing them to be reused from season to season. Using a one-size-fits-all model, this stretchy wear can be kept for years, never going out of style.
6. Slouchy organic cotton sustainable beanie for kids
Kid’s skin does not have complete immunity and can be sensitive to unnatural and harmful additives, so it’s best to keep in mind that your little ones get the best options like this beanie made from 100% certified organic cotton.
Sensitive skin or suffering from eczema and rashes will be much easier with this health-friendly and environmentally-friendly beanie. It comes in 9 different colors and has an interesting design.
- Comfortable, soft, stretchy, lightweight, durable, gentle sustainable beanie made from 100% cotton material
- One size fits most
- Two sizes: baby head size 18 to 19.5 inches and baby head size 19.6 to 21.6inches
- Colors: dark gray, blue, yellow, red, green, and 4 other colors
- Improved emotional and mental health with avoiding allergies and skin concerns
7. Alpaca admiration
This wool is naturally sourced from Peruvian alpacas, an animal with minimal environmental impact. Stylish patterns and a unique, burnt orange hue sets this item apart from other beanies. The high-quality wool offers unparalleled insulation against the cold, making this beanie ideal for winter and cold weather wear.
With a focus on ethical and sustainable material sourcing, this cuffed beanie is an eco-friendly option that not only helps the environment but encourages manufacturing in an oft-forgotten region of the world.
8. Durability focussed to reduce waste
According to the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) over 16 million tonnes of textile waste reaches landfills annually. To stem this issue, consumers have begun to increasingly favor purchases of fewer, higher quality items. Through minimizing consumption and maximizing product utility, individuals can make a noticeable impact on produced waste.
This beanie is a long-term solution that provides comfort, style, and warmth to the wearer. Durability is the key design feature, and this hat is manufactured to last. Though the material is artificial, many view the promised longevity as a value which outweighs the slow biodegrading. Dark color and cozy knit style make this beanie suited for the whole family.
9. 2 pieces set double-layered eco-friendly beanie
Multi functional beanie is great to take on a tour with you while jogging or cycling because it’s breathable and easy to wear. It has double layers of different colors that allow you to use reversible options.
Anti-static, eco-friendly, and no pilling features are included with this beanie supported by the superior blended fabric. Also, you have 2 beanies in one set so you can use one while the other is in the machine.
- Comfortable, soft, lightweight, durable eco beanie made from flexible eco fabric
- One size fits most
- It has a reversible and twist design
- Color: brown, blue, and gray
10. Knit fleece-lined winter sustainable beanie
Wool material is very durable and eco-friendly and most importantly it will give you great protection from cold and wind. This Redess eco beanie has a decorative design consisting of knit rectangular-shaped garter and rib stitch pattern and the interior is lined with fleece. The perfect eco-friendly beanie is also stylish and fabulous as it gives you a slouchy look.
- Comfortable, soft, warm, winter, stretchy eco beanie made from high-quality material, 65% acrylic 35% and wool with fleece
- One size fits most
- Dimensions: 10 inches long and 9 inches wide
- Color: light gray, green, dark brown, and other 10 colors
11. Fleece-lined ethical beanies for kids
These great winter beanies for kids come in 3, 2 and 5 pieces set in different colors. They are very warm, close-fitting and the design consists of knitting yarn in the way of garter stitch stripes on the rib stitch surface.
On the inside, there is a thick soft thermal fleece lining that will keep your kids warm on the coldest days of winter. This high-quality material is gentle to the touch and will not irritate the skin.
- Comfortable, soft, warm, stretchy, fleece-lined eco beanie made of high-quality
- One size fits most (for 6months-36months babies)
- Dimension: Head circumference: Original Size – 16.5 cm (6.5 Inch) with maximum stretch – 25.5 cm (10 Inch)
- Colors: black, beige, red, blue and many other colors and combinations
There is a wide range of views regarding how to best approach environmental awareness, but the key factor is consciousness itself. Through these tips and tricks to find the most eco-friendly beanie hats, the consumer can find the beanie that suits both their environmental philosophy and their personal style.
Checkout our new website: School Shopping Lists